Your website is your online shopfront. It needs to grab customers’ attention, reflect who you are and draw them in.
In short, your website needs to be good.
You can build your own website, or you can get someone else to design a shiny one for you. Either way, if the words aren’t fabulous they let down your business. Just because your website looks pretty doesn’t mean people will buy from you or donate to you.
You might use some simple words, make sure there are no typos and that you’ve given all the facts customers need about where to find you, contact you, and what you sell. That’s fine if you already have a loyal fanbase of customers who are just looking to check information.
What that’s not going to do is persuade anyone who doesn’t already love you that you’re worth investing in. It’s not going to convert enquiries into sales (or for not-for-profits, curious supporters into donations and advocates).
It’s not enough for customers to come to your website and find the bare basics. If you want them to buy from you rather than from the next site they click on, you need to convince them that you know what you’re doing, and you need to earn their trust. If you’re lucky, they’ll like you too. That way they’re much more likely to stick with you.
That’s where I come in. Let’s get your voice heard!
Prices depend on the complexity, topic, research required and word count, but will include:
- Telephone or Zoom consultation with you so that I can learn about your business or charity.
- Research, so that I understand the wider market you’re operating in. This includes basic keyword research so that I make sure I’m using the same words on your website that your potential customers are typing into search engines.
- Copywriting for the pages you need. I’ll give your business or charity a voice and tell customers why they should trust you, engage with you and come back to you time after time.
- Proofreading to make sure everything reads well and no mistakes slip through.
- Up to two rounds of revisions, so that we can iron out anything that doesn’t work on the page.