Your website is your online shopfront. It needs to grab customers’ attention, reflect who you are and draw them in.
In short, your website needs to be good.
You can build your own website, or you can get someone else to design a shiny one for you. Either way, if the words aren’t fabulous they let you down.
A few simple words (free of typos) that give the basic facts your customer needs might be fine if you already have a loyal fanbase.
But that kind of copy isn’t going to persuade anyone who doesn’t already love your brand that you’re worth a second look. It’s not going to convert enquiries into sales (or for not-for-profits, curious supporters into donors and advocates).
It’s not enough for customers to come to your website and find the basics. You want them to buy from YOU rather than from the next site they click on, so you need to convince them that you know what you’re doing, and you need to earn their trust. If you’re lucky, they’ll like you too. That way they’re much more likely to stick with you.
That’s where I come in. Let’s get your voice heard!
Prices depend on the complexity, topic, research required and word count, but usually include:
- Telephone or Zoom consultation with you so that I can learn about your business or charity.
- Research, so that I understand the wider market you’re operating in. This includes basic keyword research so that I make sure I’m using the same words on your website that your potential customers are typing into search engines.
- Copywriting for the pages you need. I’ll give your business or charity a voice and tell customers why they should trust you, engage with you and come back to you time after time.
- Proofreading to make sure everything reads well and no mistakes slip through.
- Up to two rounds of revisions, so that we can iron out anything that doesn’t work on the page.
Blogging is important to a business website.
Done well, it keeps your website fresh, shows you know your stuff, and helps you build a relationship with your customers. You probably know that already.
Done badly, it can make you look a bit amateur.
But it can be hard to find the time, and even harder to find the inspiration. Unless writing’s your thing, getting words down into something that makes sense and engages the reader can be really tough. That’s what I’m here for.