I’m a tea-drinking writer from Hertfordshire, and winner (mostly) of the daily battle against some pretty independently-minded hair.
As well as the unruly hair I have a degree from the University of Durham (where I was awarded a first in my written dissertation – I’m still proud), and fifteen years of professional writing experience across the business, public and charity sectors.
These days I work freelance as a professional copywriter, and I genuinely love my job.
My big love is for brand tone of voice, creative copy and B2C retail copy, but I mix that with a healthy dose of copy for service-based businesses, B2B and charities (variety is everything!). I’ve written for organisations including the National Trust, Hertfordshire Community Foundation, INNOluxe, Mind, Samaritans, KeraStraight, Hertfordshire Resilience, Manwood James, Hertford Arts and others. My writing includes:
- product descriptions
- website copy
- internal staff communications
- communications between professionals from different organisations (especially public and health sectors)
- persuasive copy for the public – online, blogs and print
- formal documents, Annual Reports, case studies, policies, plans and white papers
- guidebooks, tourist leaflets, and text for exhibitions
- press releases
- voluntary sector recruitment campaigns
When I’m not working I’m often found tap-dancing, enthusiastically massacring my latest craft hobby or tying myself in knots in front of a yoga video.