I’m a tea-drinking writer from Hertfordshire, and winner (mostly) of the daily battle against some pretty independently-minded hair.
As well as the unruly hair I have a degree from the University of Durham (where I was awarded a first in my written dissertation – I’m still proud), and fifteen years of professional writing experience across the business, public and charity sectors.
These days I work freelance as a professional copywriter, and I genuinely love my job.
I’ve written for organisations including the National Trust, Hertfordshire Community Foundation, INNOluxe, Mind, Samaritans, KeraStraight, Hertfordshire Resilience, Manwood James, Hertford Arts and others. My writing includes:
- internal staff communications
- communications between professionals from different organisations (especially public and health sectors)
- persuasive copy for the public – online, blogs and print
- formal documents, Annual Reports, case studies, policies, plans and white papers
- guidebooks, tourist leaflets, and text for exhibitions
- press releases
- voluntary sector recruitment campaigns
When I’m not working I’m often found tap-dancing, enthusiastically massacring my latest craft hobby or tying myself in knots in front of a yoga video.